The individuals listed below are all private practitioners and have no formal arrangement - financial or otherwise - with Detoxathomeny.com. They are simply excellent experienced practitioners who have helped many individuals struggling with addiction to maintain sobriety and get their lives back on track. Feel free to contact any of them directly to help with your recovery efforts
John Roesch www.lifeassurancerecovery.com
John Roesch is uniquely qualified to help addicts achieve long-term recovery as well as equipping them with the necessary life skills needed in our challenging world.
As a certified interventionist, case manager and recovery coach, John has helped countless addicts to achieve lasting, meaningful sobriety. After fighting his own battles with addiction, John founded Life Assurance Recovery as a way to continue the long tradition of one addict helping another. For John, helping others is more than a full time job – it’s a lifestyle. Both at work and in his spare time, John carries the message of recovery and hope to those in need. John is a regular speaker at recovery meetings, hospitals, prisons, and inpatient recovery facilities, and he has numerous accreditations and certifications in the field of recovery.
Learn more at www.lifeassurancerecovery.com
Cindy Feinberg therecoverycoachny.com
The Recovery Coach NY – created by Cindy Feinberg - is a private counseling service that provides recovery, lifestyle coaching and support for individual clients in all stages of recovery. Our philosophy is that all clients deserve to live a life of wellness and happiness and to engage in relationships, the work, and the effort that will deliver them serenity and health. Sober Coaching, Sober Companions, Sober Transport, Intervention, Sober Monitoring and 24-hour crisis support are all a part of our commitment to foster healthy living through sober living.
Our team approach to sobriety, recovery and maladaptive behaviors include the integration of tools which support a client’s physical and emotional well-being: budgetary management, scheduling assistance, nutrition and exercise plans, guidance in career management and academic pursuits. We address triggers while creating tools to help the recovering client learn to manage the stress and the frustrations of his or her everyday life.
Learn more at therecoverycoachny.com
Thomas McAlinden Sobercompanionnyc.com
Learn more at Sobercompanionnyc.com
Dr. Raeann Zschokke alignlife.com
Dr. Raeann Zschokke’s path to chiropractic started when her life went off a cliff. Literally! At age 20, her car crashed through a guardrail and went off a cliff flipping four times. She is a walking, talking, chiropractic success story, committed to serving as many people as possible. Dr. Zschokke is advance certified in the Torque Release Technique, or TRT and Auriculotherapy.
TRT is a non-linear, non-mechanistic, neurological method of testing and adjusting. A hand-held, low-force high velocity instrument called The Integrator is used to remove subluxations that cause interference in the nervous system. When communication between the brain and body is restored, the body is able to function at a greater potential. The Integrator delivers a precise, specific, gentle, fast, effective, reliable, and consistent adjustment without any of the traditional “cracking” sounds.
Auriculotherapy is rooted in acupuncture, but uses a hand held compact electro-therapeutic micro current device rather than needles to stimulate the brain through points on the ear. The device is both a diagnostic and treatment tool used to help balance brain chemicals that can lead to addictions and compulsive disorders. It has also been shown to be very helpful with pain management as well as a multitude of other disorders. Treatment is usually 15 minutes long is generally not painful. Dr. Zschokke uses the set of auricular points developed by the American College of Addictionology and Compulsive Disorders for addictive behaviors and drug detoxification.
Learn more at alignlife.com OR call 646-526-7978
As one of the best-known addiction specialists in New York, Dr. Seitz has a special interest in in the science of addiction and the use of evidence-based medical treatment to advance and sustain recovery. As many “resources” for treatment are mere advertisements for specific treatment centers and present evidence that is unconfirmed and thereby unworthy of serious consideration and analysis, Dr. Seitz has vetted the following resources as generally having accurate and useful information.
Please let us know which links are most helpful, which are outdated or non-functional and which contain erroneous information so we can keep our reading recommendations up to date. When it comes to addiction and its treatment, knowledge is power. This is a disease that kills thousands of people annually. We owe it to all those with this condition to treat them with the most up-to-date and evidence-based treatment approaches.
Self-Help Groups – generally based upon the 12 step model
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA)(aa.org)
- Al-Anon.org (al-anon.org) For family members of addicts.
- Cocaine Anonymous (CA) (ca.org)
- Crystal Meth Anonymous (CMA) (crystalmeth.org)
- Marijuana Anonymous (marijuana-anonymous.org)
- Narcotics Anonymous(NA) (na.org)
- Nar-Anon (nar-anon.org) For family members of addicts.
- Benzodiazepine Addiction, Withdrawal&Recovery (benzo.org.uk)
Articles of Scientific Relevance
Addiction and Recovery Blogs
These are Dr. Seitz’s favorite blogs as they address the disease of addiction from the perspective of the addict.
- The Fix, http://www.thefix.com
- Momastery, http://momastery.com
- Intervene, http://intervene.drugfree.org
- Sober Julie, http://www.soberjulie.com
- Addiction Blog, http://alcohol.addictionblog.org
- Sober College, http://sobercollege.com
- Spiritual River, http://www.spiritualriver.com
- SoberNation, http://www.sobernation.com
- Chipur, http://chipur.com
- Sort My Life Solutions, http://www.smyls.co.uk
- Breaking the Cycles, http://www.breakingthecycles.com
- Klen + Sobr, http://www.sincerightnow.com/
- The Hurt Healer, http://thehurthealer.com/
- Paul Garrigan.com, http://paulgarrigan.com
- Recovery Health Care, http://recoveryhealthcare.me
- Addiction land, http://www.addictionland.com
- Shatterproof, http://www.shatterproof.org
- Center for Motivation and Change Articles for Families, jhttp://www.motivationandchange.com/blog
- Changing Lives Foundation, http://www.drug-addiction-help-now.org
- Drinking Diaries, http://www.drinkingdiaries.com
- Crying Out Now, http://www.cryingoutnow.com
- Phase 2 For You, http://phase2foryou.com/blog
- Parent Pathway, http://parentpathway.com
- Reach Out Recovery, http://reachoutrecovery.com
- Guinevere Gets Sober, http://guineveregetssober.com
- Tommy Rosen.com, http://www.tommyrosen.com
- The Discovering Alcoholic, http://discoveringalcoholic.com
- All About Addiction, http://www.allaboutaddiction.com
- Selected Papers of William L. White, http://www.williamwhitepapers.com/blog
- B Here Today, http://bheretoday.com
- Growing Up Chaotic, http://growingupchaotic.com
- Sandy Swenson, http://www.sandyswenson.com
- One Crafty Mother, http://www.onecraftymother.com
- Recovery Reflections, http://www.recoveryreflections.com
- Jody Lamb.com – http://www.jodylamb.com
- Quitting Crystal Meth, http://www.quittingcrystalmeth.com
- Stay Close Blog, http://libbycataldi.com/blog
- The Spirit of Recovery, http://thespiritofrecovery.net
- Rock Star Super Star Project – http://highschool-motivational-speaker.com/
- Drinking to Distraction, http://drinkingtodistraction.com
- The Brentwood House Blog, http://www.malibubeachrecoverycenter.com/blog/
- The Drug Class Blog, http://drugclass.ca
- The Immortal Alcoholic, http://www.immortalalcoholic.blogspot.com
- Addiction Inbox, The Science of Substance Abuse, http://addiction-dirkh.blogspot.com
- Recovery Maps, http://recoverymaps.com/blog
- An Addict in Our Son’s Bedroom, http://parentsofanaddict.blogspot.com
- Yoga and Recovery, http://yoga-recovery.blogspot.com
- Bye Bye Beer, http://byebyebeer.wordpress.com
- The Sober World, http://www.thesoberworld.com
- Life at Full Throttle, http://lifeatfullthrottle.com
- Addiction Journal, http://addictionjournal.net
- I’m Just F.I.N.E., http://fine-anon.blogspot.com
- Healing Imperfectly, http://healingimperfectly.blogspot.com
- Mrs. D. Is Going Without, http://livingwithoutalcohol.blogspot.com
- My Life as 3D, http://mylifeas3d.blogspot.com
News And Healthcare Policy
Much as we may not like to admit it, many externally controlled variables can influence treatment. These may include insurance companies as well as state or federal regulatory agencies. What is clear to us in the field is that although there is supposed to be “parity” between mental health and physical health issues, the many roadblocks to treatment demonstrate that this is not the case. Politics, as much as we don’t want to admit it, plays a role here. And because of political influence, people with the disease of addiction needlessly suffer consequences in ways that those with physical health issues do not. Below, Dr. Seitz has included newsworthy articles, many of which address the complex issues surrounding treatment